Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Mouseflow for understanding customers and visitors

I found this today and it's quite interesting. With Mouseflow on a web page I am able to see recorded user sessions. This is particularly interesting because you can fully put yourself in the shoes of your visitors and see exactly how they interacted with a web page. It didn't seem to capture my particles.js particles I put on the test page, but it captured everything else. So it's not perfect but it seems to accurately record all the visitor's movements and actions. 

This is obviously more useful as you analyze thousands of visitors and then clear patterns can be more visible. So by taking into account what parts of a site people hover a mouse over or what they actually click on it gives a direction for what to focus on based on the site's user base.

The installation was quite simple. I included this little javascript tag:

        <!--Mouseflow Test -->
        <script type="text/javascript">
            window._mfq = window._mfq || [];
            (function() {
                var mf = document.createElement("script");
                mf.type = "text/javascript"; mf.defer = true;
                mf.src = "//cdn.mouseflow.com/projects/XX.js";
                document.getElementsByTagName("head")[0].appendChild(mf);
            })();
        </script>

I then activated the test page from the Mouseflow owner account and after I visited the page I was able to see my recorded session. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Automated Exploitation of a Bluetooth vulnerability that leads to 0-click code execution

This blog post covers an interesting vulnerability that was just discovered earlier this year and an open source free tool that was created ...