Tuesday, June 9, 2020

PHP - Sending e-mail data from a server's localhost


This is a fun example I created from following some tutorials on YouTube. I have built SMTP servers in previous examples, but this can be used to send e-mails from a webpage to a server for contracts or something as simple as a guestbook where an admin would like to have a system send automated e-mails to marketing, sales or management teams.

I used the PHPMailer library found on GitHub for the backend processing. For the front page I just made a simple form where the user can send a resume to a recruiter.

         

And don't worry this won't just let you put any name in the email text box. The e-mails need to come from a legitimate source such as the secured website where this will be hosted in production. The above was rendered from the code below. Nothing fancy here, just a simple form for submitting attachments. 


Success! The form works as intended and I got the test e-mail in my Gmail inbox from my test server.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Automated Exploitation of a Bluetooth vulnerability that leads to 0-click code execution

This blog post covers an interesting vulnerability that was just discovered earlier this year and an open source free tool that was created ...